1/15/13

January 9, 2013


10:30 PM

End of day 3 and I’m halfway there! And I just had the best beef sinigang ever made by my favorite chef! To specify, I’m not doing water/liquid/one meal a day fast. I was thinking of doing a media fast but the one thing I like more than tweeting and instagramming is FOOD. So it is very much appropriate to fast food from restaurants and fast foods since it’s something I really love. Wow, I sound like a fatty.

Also, being a student nurse, I gotta have my food for energy. So for my duty days, I brought my own lunch so I would refrain from buying outside. And so far, so good! Starting tomorrow, I’ll be on a one meal fast and I pray I can last a full day at school without having the case of the munchies like I usually do. No chips and no buying food! Just 2 more days!!

In the hospital earlier today, I felt so incompetent. Thoughts like, “will I become a good nurse?” or “am I even good enough?” entered my mind trying to bring me down. But you know what? There will always be someone better than you. Even someone better than you has someone better than that person! I guess it’s not that I’m not good enough, it’s just that I have a lot to learn and to take heart. That’s why I’m so thankful for this fast. My incompetency gives way for God to work in me. I rely on God more when I know I cannot do things on my own.

Anyways, I am pretty excited for tomorrow night! And I’ll be reunited with some of my church friends:) the best part is standing together with them in prayer and worship. I know there’s a lot I would like to pray for and to just personally offer them up to God. It’s very much needed.

Okay, I wish I can type more but my eyes are getting heavier and heavier. Haha. I’ll write a more in-depth blog post tomorrow. And I won’t write so late.

Goodnight!

No comments: