1/8/13

January 8, 2013


10:25 PM

Today was exhausting. How can nurses handle 12 hour shifts!? I can barely stay on my feet for 8 hour ones. I guess they get used to it once they have so many of them every week. My feet hurt and I am just about ready to hit the sheets… but! I shall record my prayer and fasting journey as part of the fast. In other words, not blogging would partly break my fast and ruin everything. Just kidding. I just don’t want to break my streak. I’ve been waking up early for the gym and have not bought any fast food or eat at expensive restos… not even pearl milk tea. I know, it’s crazy. But it’s only five days:) I can do this by the grace of God!

I felt my body getting weaker today. I didn’t have as much strength as yesterday… I might have overworked my body just a little since I didn’t eat that much and worked about an hour on the treadmill (it was an intense workout might I add). I know this is normal when going through a fast. Thankfully, I’m not doing the water or liquid fast. I would probably have to stop working out for this week. I still get to eat and enjoy food. And not starve myself. But, hey, it’s not starving yourself once you pray and get in the word! Believe me! When you have that joy from the Lord, it gives you that strength you thought you didn’t have. Your physical body may be tired but your mind and spirit keeps you going.

My weak body reminds me just how strong God is. When there’s less of me, there’s more of Him. Amazing, right? Just think, if we always had strength 24/7, would we still run to God? We wouldn’t because we would do things on our own without help. We want credit and the glory that should belong to Him. I believe that is what this prayer and fasting is about. Our attention and focus is no longer on our body and physical cravings. There’s room for God to speak into our lives.

I cannot wait to attend prayer on Thursday and Friday!
Prayer is indeed power therefore it should be unceasing so that there would be power and that strength we need! There’s hope when we have faith and trust in Him.

End of Day 2 of Prayer and Fasting!
Godspeed.

No comments: