4/3/12

Whoa. Today's only Tuesday!?

Today consisted of school, Chatime, Fully Booked, Condo Units, Hobbes & Landes, Toys 'R Us, Stock Market, and NO BON CHON!? I cannot believe today is only Tuesday. Not that I'm complaining... I love the pace of summer right now. There really isn't too many dull moments of me staying home being lazy! That really what my summers/weekends were like before. There's always something that needs to be done and I would find myself at Market! Market! practically almost every day. I'm at High Street all. the. time. I really hope I don't get sick of it. 

This morning! Well, I wanted to finish enrolling for summer classes in the morning so it wouldn't take so long and I would have the rest of the day to myself. But I felt sluggish and I took forever to get out of bed so I ended up going at 1pm. I was expecting to take awhile however it practically took me 30 minutes! With Philippines finally being in the stage of summer, the weather made me super thirsty, I just had to walk myself straight to Chatime. And I ordered my usual Jasmine Green Tea Mousse.

I know it was pretty hot that afternoon... but I could not resist walking on over to Fully Booked to do some reading. As soon as I got there, Catching Fire is gone. Even the third Hunger Games book was sold out. Geez, everyone is having the Hunger Games fever and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, please go watch The Hunger Games in theaters right now. Seeing that big empty space at the table where The Hunger Games books are made me go over to the counter close by to ask about the books. I was told I could reserve the book and I gladly did so. It's ridiculous... there were 4 more copies of Catching Fire yesterday. and today... nada. I not only reserved Catching Fire but I also put down Mockingjay on reserve under my name as well. And may I add, not the hardcover ones! Paperbacks, ftw. 

Met up with Audrey then went back to my place to meet up with Ben and his brother who were interested in looking at units in my building. I gotta say that the second unit with the 2 bedrooms is the winner. I really wish I can move in there. It's so much bigger than mine and it would be nice to have a roommate right? It would really be the college experience I've always wanted. I would be happy if my friends just moved into my building and not necessarily the same floor or unit because if I ever need help on homework or studying, I can always bug one of them to help me. heheh 

Okay, you know how I mentioned earlier that I had Chatime? I had to have another one. The weather was just that hot. Trust me. But instead of ordering my usual drink, I ordered a drink that I had my eye on and it looked like it was a seasonal/limited time only thing. And I was thinking it was only for a short time since strawberries are in season...

I got myself a Strawberry Kiwi Juice!:) Isn't it lovely? I told my friend that it actually tastes like summer! It was pretty sweet (good thing I ordered less sugar... gonna ask to make it 50% next time) but it satisfied my thirst, for sure. It tasted like a strawberry lemonade. The difference is that you have chunks of strawberry and kiwi at the bottom. YES.

Everyone, this is my new summer love.
It really tastes as good as it looks.
Looks like I won't be having boba pearls for awhile.


Hobbes & Landes. It was just discovered yesterday that the store has a fun game, arts and crafts area that's in the back area. At first, we paid no attention to it because we were looking for the fro yo counter which was hidden in the middle of the store! My friend and I fell madly in love and today, we were kids again. I must say, my friend, Audrey was more of a kid at heart than I was. I know where only a year apart but man... I feel old. Anyways, the one thing that got our attention was the legos. And at that very moment, we became 6 years old. The awesome part was the fact that there was no one sitting with us when we played with them yesterday. It was just the employees of the store. Although there were kids today and a little more noise, we still had fun.

Made this today! At first, I had no idea what to make for the second time. I decided to stick with one color and go from there. I still wanted to stick with the building idea with windows but this time I wanted to add a door to my building! "I'll just make a greenhouse," I said. Little did I know that picking one color would limit my choices. There really wasn't an endless supply of legos. So my greenhouse was incomplete and I could not put up a wall in the back due to the shortage of green legos. Creative juices were flowing and i finally decided to make it open and add stairs! Look, it's a three story house!

Audrey made a red city!
you can't even tell that they're made of legos!

Mine and Hers

With my friend, Audrey, there is always always a food adventure. And we crossed another place off our list!
we ate at The Stock Market!
Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl
haven't had a good tasting clam chowder in forever!
it was really good.

ordered the Seafood Sensation Sandwiches!

I realized while eating our food that what I ordered is something you'd eat for lunch and not dinner. I thought it was pretty funny. This morning I didn't really have a breakfast because I ate when it was close to lunch time but I still had scrambled eggs. So I had breakfast food for lunch and then later I had lunch food for dinner!

And believe it or not...
we returned to Hobbes & Landes the very same day.
we just love it so much!
Who loves jenga?
WE DO!
I totally beat her... twice!

And you see that brown bag on the left? Yup, it's mine:) Okay, so before we went back to Hobbes & Landes, we wanted to check out Toys 'R Us if they had any legos to play with. (what!?) As we were looking and looking, we ended up checking out the whole store! (Sorry, no photos. But, hey! I'm doing pretty well with this post compared to my other recent ones) And there was one item in particular that I wanted to purchase for myself. It was a 1000-piece Disney-themed jigsaw puzzle. I know what you're thinking but it's just so appealing!! I really wanted it! But when I looked at the price again, my heart sunk. The price was so not worth the buy at all. So I just bought Winnie The Pooh temporary tattoos and a Lego mini-figurine, the things that were within my budget range. 

Our final destination was Hobbes & Landes. Lo and behold, they had boxes and boxes of jigsaw puzzles! The store even had the same ones as Toys 'R Us had! And unlike the ones at Toys 'R Us, some of the puzzles were on sale. And when I say on sale, I mean the prices were cut in half! There was a glimmer of hope... and in the end, I got a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle. I will post more about it on another post... and of course, once we start on it:)

 Made this one on our second visit to our favorite place
and again, I had no idea what to make
and this was the result.

LEGGO.

No, I did not make that.
It would be nice if i did:)

I kinda sorta miss blogging like this. Photos and detailed descriptions and everything. It's really the best way to document moments that will eventually be forgotten; the best part is looking back to reminisce on it all. It puts a smile on a face and I'll be glad that I recorded these moments through photos and blog. 

I want it like this because of the photos. I've been uploading so many photos on facebook lately that the only function of facebook is holding all my photos (and sharing videos). So in order to minimize the pictures, from now on, I'll be posting photos here where it's a little more private. Each photo has a story to tell so why not share them here?

Happy Tuesday!:):):)

No comments: