3/26/12

The Winds of Change

Ever since I started studying here in the PI, my life seriously took a turn. The change didn't start and end there... it was gradually changing me every day. I was not used to calling the teachers at my school "Sir" or "Ma'am" because it was weird to me! So for the first few months or so I would say "Ms. So-and-so" or "Mr. So-and-so". And now, I got used to it! And students can get away with not knowing the name of their prof... all they say to address their teachers is Sir/Ma'am. ha!

So, I'm starting to pick up the culture around here. And if you're wondering if I'm speaking the language, unfortunately, not yet. Sobrang konti lang... I can't really make a full sentence or carry a conversation without slipping some english words here and there. Gonna aim to speak Taglish!

I can sense God molding me into the person I will become and that being here is a training ground to independence. I faced plenty of trials at school and with people in general. It tested my patience but He reminded me about His unfailing love. I got overwhelmed with the load I was carrying but I didn't have to go through it alone. When faced with challenges, I know God is right there with me through it all.

I've already stepped out of my comfort zone to be here. And the tendency for me is to hide and be comfortable again. And when I do, there's that season of change again. I can either slowly ease into it or cower in fear.

Speaking of season of change, it's suppose to be summer right now but looking outside my window, it doesn't seem that way. It's all clouds and gloom!

nonetheless, have a...
Happy Tuesday!

No comments: