12/13/12

OH MY GULAY.

My last blog post was mid-September.
That was so long ago which was practically the end of my 1st sem as a 2nd year! and now I am currently sitting in front of a computer in an airport in Taiwan killing time. It's almost 6pm which means I have about an hour left until my 16 hour flight to LAX:)

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls:
I'll be home for Christmas!
I am so privileged because my FilAm friends in the Philippines don't have the luxury to go home every year like I do. A friend of mine hasn't even gone back since he came here which was like almost 2 years ago! I think I would go insane if I couldn't go home for that long.

Anyways, I'm just so excited to see everyone and this time (unlike last year) I am going to Disneyland and California Adventure! For the longest time I haven't gone to Disneyland and I die a little inside when I see a lot of my friends in SoCal going to Disneyland like every month. Living in Southern California near Anaheim means you have to have a Disneyland pass. like have to. otherwise, you're missing out! But I'm still thankful that I have gone there plenty of times in the past while there are others who have never gone there their whole lives. And now I just can't wait to wear my sequined Minnie Mouse ears.

Let's see, any changes about me?
Well, I no longer have thick bushy hair! towards the end of October after final exams, I decided to treat myself to getting my hair rebonded. It was definitely time for a change. And what a difference it made! My hair is now healthy silky smooth and still long. I do no want to cut it just yet. I still want to be Pocahantas (shoot, I forgot how to spell her name).

Okay, that's all I want to say here for now. I guess a New Year's Resolution for me is to blog more. I don't want to completely abandon blogspot forever. I want to look back on my old posts and see how much has changed for me and how far I've gone. It's nice to read on memories and spiritual moments of my life. To see how much I've grown as a person and what happened at that time. On some really old posts, I would put down every single detail that has happened in one day... whether if it was a boring day or a night out with friends in high school. And then when I read it 2 years later, I would say to myself, "that happened!?" because I wouldn't remember!

But man, I am practically halfway done with my college in the Philippines. it's almost 2 full years which means 2 more to go until I graduate and move back to the states! And I am so set on finishing school... there is no turning back! God made a promise and He intends on keeping it which means I have to stay to finish! I don't want to start all over again. I want to honor my family by finishing college and graduate as a nurse. And then from there, we'll see if I want to pursue nursing and go back to the states to take my NCLEX.

I still have options once I graduate. I say this because there might be a reason for me to stay in the Philippines for good. That reason could be because of a person. A person meaning a guy... who could potentially be the one I marry someday. you know!? It could happen! And I'm open for that if he's the right one that God has appointed for me. I just know that now is not the time to think about someone who will sweep me off my feet. I don't want to stop school when I'm practically halfway done. It wouldn't be right.

BUT. if it's not meant to happen, then it's not meant to happen. I'll just graduate then move back to Cali and start my life there.

As this year is drawing to a close... Well, I'm leaving everything that has happened this year and pushing forward to start over in 2013. Looking forward to what God has in store for me this coming new year and what He will do to my life. I'm excited for the battles that will be conquered and the storms that won't shake me. And I am super thankful for new friends... and super duper excited for new ones in the coming year. I just hope they will be lasting. Well, I'm not asking for best friends... just genuine ones. I'm beginning to understand that we have seasons in our lives.. because you know what they say: The only thing constant is change. Meaning to say that there are people who come in and out of our lives for a special purpose whether we like it or not. it may hurt or it may be something we've been wanting for awhile. it's definitely something God has intended for the better in order for us to grow.

Wow, haha didn't expect to blog this much...
I just poured my heart out lol and let it flow, ya know?:)

Until next blog!
Goodbye Philippines (for now) and hello USA!

No comments: