6/23/12

Not Always A "Rae" of Sunshine

Just like any other human being, I have those rainy days. But as much as possible, I refrain from venting negative thoughts and feelings especially when it's without God being a part of the story. It's true to say that whatever challenge or big problem I'm facing is a big test to my faith. And in the middle of the week, I was pretty weak! (see what I did there?) I was at what seemed like my lowest point that when I skyped with my parents, I cried out to them saying, "I give up! I want to go home!" My mom said the thing I knew she would say and then when my dad was about to say something, in my head, I was expecting the usual thing he would always say... but to my surprise, it was something I needed to hear.

I'm blessed to have them as my parents. I don't know if you have ever wondered what they've gone through and imagine yourself in their shoes... would you be where they are right now? Of course, my answer to this question would be a big fat NO. They are super troopers, I tell ya, especially mother of mine. Her birthday is today and it's the first one without me! But back to this week, it seemed like every time I talked to her, it's always something that I need or a problem that I have (kinda sounds like us when we pray to God, right?). Then once I finished talking to her the other day, I had a face-palm moment because her birthday's this weekend and here I was talking about me and my dumb problems. So the next time I spoke to her, despite what I was feeling and going through at the time, I asked about her day and how she was.

Masipag ang nanay ko! (I hope I said this correctly haha) She's working harder than ever for me to be here and at the same time, for our family and church! Yup, my mom is a super duper hero (next to Jesus) as a lot of people would say about their own mothers being heroes. And because of that very thought of her supporting me, I must do the same over here for myself! With God's awesome, super strength and grace, I pulled through today.

It started yesterday right before my roommate came home from class. Right then and there I was debating on what to do. Cupcake? Pizza? or both?

well, we had pizza for dinner...
... and I surprised her in song with a cupcake and candle!
I blindfolded her and ran upstairs to light the cupcake
and once she removed the blindfold,
she was very surprised and couldn't believe it!
Roomie's FIRST Red Velvet Cupcake.
A special moment indeed.

And in that same moment, things started to turn around. It wasn't a fast transition because earlier today (Saturday morning) posed as a challenge for me as well. Suddenly, God just removed all that was bothering me inside. I didn't feel so afraid. I didn't feel like it was the end or that I had to give up. 

I can attest that prayer works. And God answers them in due time. His own perfect time. I may have lost myself for awhile earlier this week, but all praise to the One who gave me such hope and courage to take on the day. 

You know that saying, no pain, no gain? Yup, I now know what it actually means!
There is much to gain from those times that give you pain. Initially, I perceived it to be physical pain and physical gain which didn't make much sense to me. It's more like you gain insight and you learn from the mistakes that give you that 'pain'. 

And now, I conclude this post with a verse from 1 Peter 1:7
These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.


P.S. When I came home from school, I saw this on my dining table...
MADE. MY. DAY.

No comments: