5/8/12

Count them one by one

No matter how awesome, great, okay, bad, or really bad your day is, I believe there's always a blessing or two that we might have missed. As human beings, we like to point out mistakes-- even the smallest ones in the midst of something awesome or really good. We have this tendency to look at the class a quarter empty instead of 3 quarters full! (haha) okay, normally it would be half but when something really good happens, we can't help but point out what didn't make the mark.

ANYWAYS.
here are some things I'm thankful for.
(this is not in any particular order)


1. Having alone time. And I get that a lot nowadays because of school and having to live independently without anyone distracting me. And just because you're alone, that doesn't mean you're lonely. That is only if you allow yourself to feel that way! That's just me who is secretly an introvert (sometimes extrovert). I enjoy quiet moments like these so I can talk to God. I can pray and cry out to Him. I can sing! (even though my neighbors or anyone in the hallway can hear me) it's easy for me to have time devoted to God yet it's so easy for me to fall away from Him.

2. I love living in such a city as this. I like to call it an urban city because it's not your typical city in Makati where it's completely run down, no. it's a lot safer compared to most areas and I don't have to commute when I'm 3 blocks away from my school! everything is really close to me, like just across the street from my building is a 7-Eleven:) Another bonus is going home during lunch so that I may avoid eating out on school days whenever possible.

3. Walking as my way of exercise. I never really did a lot of walking back home in the states because I always drove a car and another thing is my home was in a suburbia which is basically the opposite of a city. My workout would be at the gym.

4. Mother's phone calls. I miss her dearly and I'm glad I can hear her voice almost every single day. This Sunday will be a special one and I can't wait for her to receive what I sent! it's nothing special but it's better than nothing!

5. What keeps me going is the strength that comes from God. I very well know what it's like to rely on my own strength and own understanding. I fail badly. And whenever I accomplish something big or small, all glory and praise goes to the Big Man upstairs. But in my times of trial, I will continue to walk in faith and just trust Him! I'm truly thankful for days where I find myself being fairly productive. Sometimes (like today), I would be impressed with what I was able to get done and accomplish, I mean, for someone who has to do everything without a momma... whoa. I gotta admit, it's pretty cool to practice independence and responsibility. I'm going to eventually be an adult and not live with my parents right? PRAISE GOD.

6. Rain and the refreshing feeling it brings during the summer here in the Philippines.

7. I'm thankful for the people God has put in my life. The way how and when I meet someone. Friends are most definitely hard to find, let me tell you. But nonetheless, people are people. whether they are my friends or just acquaintances, I'm still thankful for being surrounded by company.

No comments: