6/3/12

One Step At A Time

Everything is a process.
The future is called the future for a reason... it doesn't come right away when you want it to happen. We as human beings can get so anxious with anticipation of what is to happen in a week, a month, a year or two. For me, I do like to look far ahead than what my eyes can see. I look too far and before I know it, I hurt myself. Like getting a neck pain perhaps?

This morning's message was spot on (Okay, every Sunday's message is always spot on). And I learned that a change of heart or some sort of transformation is not overnight. Sure, God can do the impossible and maybe change a person in such a small span of time but let's be real here... it takes time and patience. And a whole lot of faith, trust in God, and prayer. And you can't talk to God without reading your basic instructions before leaving earth! Can't forget that.

Lord, I ask that you teach me to pray the right way... because I know my prayers have been requests to get quick results. Also, I do have a heart to lead others to Christ. And I've learned (still learning) that discipleship does not take a month or two. it's an ongoing process, a relationship! I mean, it makes sense, right? You don't just do your part and then, that's it. the end. Next person.

It isn't the way.
To be quite honest, I am in great need of being discipled because I know that in order to disciple others, I must first equip myself. It is just so difficult to lead others when I am not even the best follower. I gotta practice what I preach.

After praying for my school the other day, I was just relieved. The best way I can describe this was that the more my eyes were on my God, the smaller my problems got. My circumstances were ceasing to exist. It's a confirmation that I am where I am meant to be. Yes, I've given an ear to those who spoke otherwise but I believe in His promises. His truth is what remains and what I stand upon. I've wanted to give up but then it says in His word, "Let us not become weary doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galations 6:9) I ask God 'Why must I go through this? Wouldn't it be easier if...' and then it says in Isaiah 48:10-11

Look, I will make you pure, but not in the way you make silver pure. I will make you pure by giving you troubles. I will do this for Myself- for Me. I will not let you treat me as if I'm not important. I will not let some false god take my glory and praise. 


He works all things for my good! It's funny how we humans can easily fall and stumble in our own mistakes. We like to magnify the wrongs that we choose to ignore this great God who is bigger than the universe. We are just that small! So that would mean our troubles are only smaller right? That's why we have to keep our eyes focused on God where we can receive confidence, courage and strength to carry on through the toughest storms in our lives. To not only go by our own understanding and will-power but to surrender it all up to God and allow Him to work in us.

And again, it's a process.
When we surrender, we might not surrender everything all at once.
When we admit to something, we might not give the whole truth.
There's this standard, this mark we wish to reach but we'll never get there. we're not God.

Everything is process!
So in His perfect timing, everything will just unfold accordingly.

No comments: